The RD Entrepreneur SymposiumTwo Marketing Strategies That Will Help Your SEO
with Jessica Freeman
Two Marketing Strategies That Will Help Your SEO
Jessica Freeman is an Atlanta-based award-winning graphic and web designer that helps health and fitness business owners build authority and get more clients. When she’s not working with clients, you can find her teaching inside her Better Collective community and Work Your Website challenges. Jess also runs her own YouTube channel and her podcast, The Digital Lounge.
What we’ll cover:
How to show up in front of your ideal clients
Building your authority in your niche
Increasing your website traffic + revenue
2 strategies to boost your SEO
- Show up in front of your ideal clients
- Build your authority in your niche
- increase your website traffic + revenue
Help your ideal clients find you
You don’t have to have a huge budget.
3:50 Having great SEO means having people find your content for months (if you’re sick, vacation, pandemic hits?)
SEO is one of the most affordable ways to market your business online.
People go to google for answers to a specific problem.
5:30 2 strategies
5:49 #1: Outreach marketing (being on podcasts, guest blogs, features in publications)
- Exposed to someone else’s audience, links back to your website, consumers trust information found on blogs.
Google ranks you better if your brand name is getting mentioned
7:12 What to do:
- Make a list of 10 podcasts or blogs that are in your niche. (search on Google, see if they accept guest contributors, email them)
- Sign up for HARO (get email requests from journalists, pitch when appropriate, keep track of your pitches in a spreadsheet)
- LInk back to your features on YOUR website (can go on about page to start, eventually build a press/features page)
10:58 Effective outreach marketing: focused on 1-2 keywords or phrases for your topics, repurpose popular content on your site. Use your top blog posts as podcast topics. Do NOT copy and paste your blogs for guest blogs.
13:10 Content Marketing (blogs, videos, podcasts – content on your own platform)
Gives Google more data to index for your website, you’re giving people something to share online, people trust blogs.
14:22 Step 1: figure out where your potential clients are in their journey (discovery calls, polls, reader survey) your content needs to position you as an authority.
Embed podcasts + videos into blog posts (live on website)
16:06 Important elements: 2000 words or more, compressed images, research backed content, recent or new data
17:42 2 easy things to help you optimize your content.
- Keywords: focus on what people actually searching for (be more specific)
- Link to other posts of your own (and others)
19:19 time saving tools
Anchor for podcasting, otter.ai for transcribing, wp video robot to put videos in blog posts, go live on YT
20:44 Driving people to your content: promoting on social media, socialBee or MeetEdgar, Tailwind for Pinterst, cross-reference on videos and podcasts, email welcome sequence, resources or start here page.
22:00 benefits of content beyond SEO: builds trust with your audience, gives consumers information they need to make an educated purchasing decision. Establishes you as leader.
Bonus tips: make sure site isn’t slow, set up Google Analytics so you can track data, optimise your other website pages with keywords. Compress images.
Challenge: pitch yourself to one blog or podcast within the next week
(or make sure all your features are listed on your website)