Speaker Informationfor the RD Entrepreneur Symposium
I’m so excited to team up with you on what’s going to be an incredible resource for RDs and nutrition entrepreneurs!
The RD Entrepreneur symposium is a packed 4-day event that will help registered dietitians build and grow their nutrition businesses (without all that headache and all-encompassing overwhlem you might know all too well).
On this page, you’ll find resources meant to make your life as a speaker as easy as possible and answer any questions you might have. If you run into a question I didn’t answer, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a speaker, you’ll also get free access to the entire symposium!
There’s a whole lot of information below but it’s just because I’ve included a LOT of detail about a FEW things. Chances are you’re only reading this page anyways because you like details like me.
Below you’ll find info on:
- How It’ll All Work (overview)
- What I’ll Need From You
- Affiliate Details
- Resource Vault
- Action Steps
- Important Dates
How It’ll All Work
Let’s do a quick rundown of how the whole thing will work.
The event will run from March 28-31st with 4-8 pre-recorded presentations released each day at 9am Eastern. Once the presentations are live on the site, attendees will have a full year to watch (and re-watch). These presentations will include 30-60 minutes of content each and an optional worksheet and/or slides that follow along with or complements the presentation.
Along with the presentations, there will be a discussion group on Facebook for attendees to hang out in, hold each other accountable, and ask all of us additional questions. You are welcome (and encouraged!) to interact with attendees in this group once your presentation goes live in order to provide additional value and connection.
Discussion group participation is not required, but hey, why not join in the fun?!
Leading up to the Symposium, we’ll have about a week and a half of promotion when people can register. I’ll provide you with email swipe copy, social media swipe copy, and social media graphics to make it all easy! I’ll even have a suggested posting/sending schedule for you to make promo easy for you or to outsource to a VA.
What I’ll Need From You
So this all sounds great, but what kind of work does it require of you? Let’s chat about it! My goal is to make this all as easy as humanly possible so we can all have a blast while providing great value and growing our businesses.
- BASIC INFORMATION
The first thing I’ll need is some very basic information from you so I can finish up our registration page and speaker pages.
This information includes things like:
- Presentation blurb
- Square headshot
- Resume/CV (for applying for CPEUs;))
You can complete the Speaker Info Sheet here. (Confirmed speakers only please)
Next up is your presentation! This is a 30-60 minute pre-recorded presentation that is meant to be actionable and provide immediate takeaway value. We want our attendees to learn something great while having fun in the process.
Please structure your content in a way that allows attendees to walk away feeling like they’ve really learned something, rather than a webinar format where they feel like they’re missing something that they need to buy from you asap. (Trust me, when you provide a presentation with great actionable value, they’ll be lining up to work with you regardless!)
With that being said, you have your choice of the following presentation formats:
- Slides with pre-recorded narration
- No slides (just your gorgeous/handsome face)
- A mixture of the two (slides with a inset video of you or alternating between slides/video)
Your presentation should include great, actionable content. Here’s the suggested format:
- A quick introduction
- An overview of your topic and what you’re going to cover
- Where people go wrong with your topic and tend to overcomplicate it
- Teaching section
- Specific action steps (with the goal of simplifying their existing process)
- Conclusion: review, main takeaway, etc.
Please do not include any time-sensitive promotional material or offers in your presentation as attendees have a full year to watch. If you want to include a time-sensitive offer, please email it to me to share in the discussion group and/or speaker page.
Presentations are due by January 12, 2023.
(What, why so far in advance Heather?! Mainly: so I can assure adequate approval time for continuing education credits!! But also: I take time to watch each and every presentation, creating notes and timestamped-highlights for attendees, plus I want to be able to pitch it well to future attendees.)
Please submit presentations in MP4 format. You can upload them to this Drive folder, or submit through your own choice of cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and send to email@example.com
You have the option of including a worksheet to enhance your presentation. There are a few reasons behind this:
- They encourage people to take action, which increases value
- It’s an easy way for viewers to take notes
- It enhances the quality + experience of your presentation. When people have a better picture of how you work and provide education, they’re more likely to want to work with you beyond the symposium.
The content of the worksheet should follow along with your presentation and encourage attendees to take action. You are more than welcome to include links and a call-to-action at the end.
You are also welcome to provide a copy of your slides for attendees to download.
Like I said, this process is meant to be as easy as possible so you have a couple options. You can either:
- Create the worksheet yourself, using your own branding.
- Write out your worksheet contents and send it to me to be put into the Symposium’s branded worksheet template.
Your worksheet and/or slides are due at the time of your presentation, January 12, 2023. You can upload them to same Drive folder as your presentation or through your own cloud storage/link.
The power of this unique Symposium comes from a group of experts coming together for a single purpose: to grow the reach and success of registered dietitians across the globe. The joint promotion that happens when we all work as a team is a huge benefit to everyone involved.
Because of that, everyone is encouraged to share on social media and to email their lists during the promotion period. Registration opens on September 2nd. (More on that below.)
You’ll want to share using your affiliate link (which you can set up here) so you can get in on the commission that will come from any sales made through your link. (True story: speakers that have truly put in the time to promote the symposium in the past have generated well over $10k in commissions per event.)
You’ll find swipe copy and graphics in the Resource Vault below.
- GROUP PARTICIPATION
Last comes participation during the week of the event. Since we’ll already have done the work of creating the presentations and extra resources, we’ll be able to sit back and relax for the most part!
While it’s not required, I’d love for you to interact in the Facebook group once your presentation is available and throughout the week to help attendees stay excited and engaged. We’ll be able to get some great discussions going about the topics being presented and there’s nothing like that personal connection of being able to directly ask speakers questions and get quick answers.
I’ll be providing prompts for each presentation in the group over the weeks that follow the Symposium, but you’re also able to jump in and start or join conversations whenever you want.
While the Symposium is great for overall visibility and making new connections, a little extra income for your work never hurts either, right?
That’s exactly why I’ve set up an affiliate program where you’ll receive a commission from all sales from traffic you refer to the event. Payouts will be made at the end of the month after the Symposium. (yup, that’s right – no waiting 60 to 90 days to see that $$ in your bank account).
The pricing structure for the Symposium is:
- $197 EARLY BIRD registration [March 16th-21st].
- $397 Regular registration [March 22nd – March 27th]
To make it as easy as possible for you to generate extra income, the Resource Vault includes things like email swipe copy, social media copy, and social share graphics. However, you’re more than welcome to write your own copy and even run your own Facebook ads.
Just remember to use your affiliate link, which you can create or look up here. We’ll chat a bunch more about this as we get closer to launch. It’s my goal to support you as a speaker and affiliate to the best of my ability. If you have any fun or unique ideas to promote as an affiliate and you need my help or collaboration, shoot me a note!
I recommend using the “URL generator” in the affiliate area to create an affiliate link that leads directly to the symposium registration page.
As with all affiliate promotions, be sure to disclose that you’re an affiliate when sharing with your audience. Please be sure to thoroughly read the DietitianHQ Affiliate Terms + Conditions.
Now for those resources I promised to make your life as easy as possible. [Resources will continue to be updated through the spring with more specific presentation details.]
In this folder you’ll find the following resources (please be sure to MAKE A COPY before editing):
- Symposium speaker badge (in case you’d like to show off that you’ve been featured on your website)
- To-do list with due dates so you can keep track of everything nice and easily
- Email swipe copy and suggested send dates
- Social media swipe copy and suggestion posting dates
- Social media graphics
View the resources here.
Phew, that was a lot to cover! You’re awesome for making it this far 🙂
For the sake of clarity, here are your current action steps:
- Let me know you’re IN with a quick email “yes” – firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you’re just scoping this out for details and weren’t directly invited or haven’t applied yet, please do so here. )
- Complete the speaker agreement I send in response.
- Complete the speaker info sheet. Please fill out whatever information you can now, such as title, bio, resume, headshot, and presentation description. You’ll be emailed a link to edit after you submit if you need to update your presentation description, title, etc.
- Join the Facebook speaker group
- Sign up for your affiliate account if you don’t already have one
- Create that stellar presentation! 🙂
- Let me know if you have any questions up to this point!
Remember to grab your to do list and get things added to your calendar. If you’re like me, if it’s not in your calendar it doesn’t exist.
Here’s a roundup of our key dates (also included in the list above):
- Speaker agreement (will be sent by email; contact me if you need it)
- Speaker info sheet + assets: As soon as possible
- Presentation (and worksheet, if providing): Due January 12, 2023
- Speaker info sheet edits if needed: Due January 12, 2023
- Promotion period: March 10-27th, 2023
- Registration open: March 16th – Oct-27th, 2023
- Symposium dates: March 28-31st, 2023
- Affiliate payouts: by April 30, 2023